Welcome to Wheat Ridge High School Athletic Registration!
Registration for the 2023-24 Fall Sports season will open July 20.
Cross Country, Football, Boys Golf, Boys Soccer, Softball, Boys Tennis and Girls Volleyball
All the registration steps will need to be completed and approved before the first Official Practice on August 7, 2023, so please get your Registration completed by August 4!
You MUST receive a "cleared" email prior to your athlete participating on Monday, August 7, which is the first official day for practices and tryouts throughout Colorado.
FOLLOW BELOW INSTRUCTIONS
There are two things you should do prior to registering to play sports.
STEP 1: Get a Sports Physical
Students in grades 9-12 registering for athletics must have a current physical examination on file with the Athletic Office before the student is authorized to participate in practice/tryouts. Physicals are current for 12 months from the date of the last exam.
- If you don't have a current sports physical, make an appointmet with your doctor during June or early July to get in before the rush. You will need to upload a copy of the file during Step 4 of the registration process. Click here for a form that you can take to your physician.
- If you have a current physical, it should appear in your previous on-line registration. If you have problems with this, call Mrs. Sares.
STEP 2: You will need your student's Jeffco Student ID to register.
Students who attend a Jeffco school already have a Student ID number.
If your student is new to Jefferson County, is a home-schooled student, or attends a private school, and plans to participate in sports at Wheat Ridge High School (or any Jeffco high school), they will need a Jeffco Student ID. If your student attended pre-school, kindergarten, or any grade at a Jeffco school years ago, they already have a Jeffco ID. To find out what it is, please contact Mrs. Sares and she can look that up for you. Call her at 303-982-7682. Do not create another Jeffco account!
If you are certain your student never attended a Jeffco school, you will need to obtain your ID by creating an account using EnrollJeffco. Click Here for the instructions.
- If your high school athlete received an "F" grade in any high school class, they should plan on re-taking the class online or attend summer school so that it doesn't interfere with sports eligibility or graduating.
- Once the registration program opens for the season, it may take approximately 72 hours for your registration to be approved.
- On the day of First Official practice you must pay the $185 Jeffco Athletic fee online via Infinite Campus Parent Portal (link found here). If it is a team that has Tryouts, the fee will not post until Tryouts are completed. Any fee not paid by game time, will interfere with game participation. If you wish to apply for Free & Reduced to get the District fee waived, please apply in August at the Quick link "Jeffco School Cafe" on the home page for Athletics.
- NON-ATTENDERS: Please fill out the Non-attender form and email to Mrs. Sares. Non-attend form (This is an additional form to complete besides the On-line Registration.)
- TRANSFERS: New site for completing forms can be received by emailing Jason Campbell, WRHS Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about what is needed to complete the Transfer edocuments and to go through acceptance by the District. Jason Campbell will email you the link. (Forms must be completed on-line)
- DUAL SPORT FORM: Please fill out the Dual Sport form if your student plans to participate in more than one sport in one season and email to Mrs. Sares. See the link for Process & Procedure for Dual sport athletes. WRHS Dual Sport information
Welcome to Wheat Ridge High School Athletic Registration
You will need your student's Jeffco Student ID to complete the registration, along with a current Physical form to download. REMEMBER your family account information once created.
Click the icon below to begin
Registration will open for Fall Sports on July 20!
If you have questions or need assistance with the registration, please contact:
Amy Sares - Athletic Secretary
Phone: (303) 982-7682
Jason Campbell - Athletic Director
Phone: (303) 982-4325